Friday, February 17, 2012

Do Your Ovaries Hang Low? Do They Wobble To and Fro? ...

Not that I ever thought that I was big Bertha or something or other, but I never saw myself as especially small.  The evidence states otherwise.  I'm five foot tall.  I wear a petite 00 in pants, an XS or XXS (if I can find it) in shirts, preferably petite.  The Husband has stated on numerous occasions that he will never buy me underwear because he says people will think he is a child molester.  The last time I weighed I didn't break the 100 pound mark. 

But even with all the facts staring back at me in the mirror, I have never once felt that I was remarkably small.

My ovaries have since changed my mind, and recently I might add.  Ovaries should be roughly the size of a walnut.  The uterus, by comparison is a little bit larger.  Today, on the ultrasound screen, my ovaries were double the size of my uterus and had long left the cute walnut stage, looking a lot more huge that cute.  I can feel my ovaries when I cross my legs, when I walk down the hall at work, or when I stand up or sit down. 

On a daily, normal basis I doubt many people ever notice their organs...  excepting the one 3rd grader who looked at me in the hallway yesterday and said, "My spleen hurts."  But excepting that one 3rd grader with the hurting spleen, I doubt many people walk down the hallway at work thinking, "Man, my liver sure does seem swollen and tender today."  I think I walk too hard...

I reported my feelings of feeling my ovaries to the nurse today at my monitoring visit.  I love the nurse by the way, she looks sort of like Jenelle's mom on Teen Mom 2, but much more rested and much less angry.  The nurse said because I was so tiny, I'd probably notice my enlarged ovaries more than some, stating that I just don't have as much room as others.

And to think that I used to brag about having a short torso. 

I really did.  I thought it was a bonus since I wasn't going to be tall, at least I had long legs for a shorty.

Sick. 

As for my monitoring visit:  Things are looking good.  My follicles are looking very uniform, which means, I'm assuming, that all the little guys caught up to the bigger guys.  My estrogen level has tripled in the last three days, which they assure me is wonderful.  However, we will be remaining at the larger dose of drugs.  Sigh....

We also are predicting the egg retrieval procedure sometime during the first part of the week.  I guess we will know more when I go back in two days for more monitoring.

Happy Weekend Y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment