Monday, February 28, 2011

It's Too Late to Turn Back Now...

It really is too late to turn back now.  As if by magic, the footings for the house were dug on Saturday morning.  This time I didn't get too excited because of being jerked around so much in the past.
 
After all the waiting and all the red tape and permit nonsense, the crew came out and by 10:45am there was a very intricate maze of ditches dug all over our lot.  It was really quite amazing.

Today the cement people came out and filled in the ditches so that the next set of contractors can build the foundation on top of it with blocks.

Saturday was an exciting day.  We've still not made up our minds about windows exactly.  Our GC thinks we should do a triple window down the wing and double on the adjacent wall.  I'm thinking quadruple and triple at the current moment.

Wednesday we go pick out applicances for the kitchen-- which is a tad early considering we just dug the footings, but our GC's got a friend who can get us a deal... so we are going Wednesday afternoon.  And that is the part I'm really excited about.

I'm also a little obsessed with metallic paint at the moment.  I keep picturing in my head a metallic finish on my dinning room walls and ceiling.  What do you think?

Anyway-- I'll leave you with a few more shots of our footings.


Some of the brick and the block-- were going with Milbrook

The front porch
 
 
The bathroom

The back entry and garage.








No comments:

Post a Comment