Sunday, April 18, 2010

10-22 the Rhinestones...

So the steroids the doctor prescribed for the mystery rash on my neck seem to be keeping me up.  And since I'm up...

I found myself a little disappointed this week.  I am member of one of those sample sale websites that sends me email notifications each day pertaining to 24 hour sales on certain designer duds.  As I think I've mentioned before, these members-only sales are very competitive and getting the actual mechandise you desire can be quite tricky-- especially if you have job where you can't be cruising for internet specials.

Anyway... I managed to snag a lovely pair of AG jeans for the bargain price of $80 bucks one day during Spring Break.  Don't tell The Hubster-- I told him I got them for $60.  But regardless, I was excited because I could always use another pair of jeans.

So they arrived this week and immediately I was disappointed.  They had this rhinestone tag patch on the waistband which kind of reminded me of the 'grandma' Lee Brand Jeans jeans my mom used to make me wear in grade school with the big, huge leather patch... except it was all bedazzled and that just ain't me.

But then I thought, hey!  your untucked shirts will cover that tacky-- cheap looking patch.  So I decided that I'd at least try them out. 

So I pulled off my shorts and put on the pants.  Not only were they at least a foot too long for me, they were ultra-low cut and barely covered my underwear!  So now I had this pair of jeans, that I can't wear out in public (I did the bend-over test, and it was all butt-crack and gross with my underwear peaking out of the sides and my gut was all out over the front, which was gross)... that I was all excited about getting and wearing to work on Friday.  It was a definite 10-22 moment.  (For those of you not down with the CB reference-- 10-22 means "call it off")

Today they went to the UPS store for a return and store credit.

Next time, I need to spend some more time looking at description of an item before committing to purchase even if there is massive pressure for the item.

You live you learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment