Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Another Wedding...

So I've been a tad remiss in not blogging lately... but, as always, I've got a great couple excuses.  Namely, my husband's cousin-- my old college roommate and very good friend-- got married this past weekend and I was, of course, a bridesmaid.

And being a good bridesmaid I lent my services the week before the wedding to help the bride get the things she needed to get-- you know, the last minute things that seem to slip one's mind.  And since the bride decided to get married during the busiest month of the year-- there were things that she had forgotten.  I was more than happy to help-- even if it meant, a whole week without blogging about Christmas ornaments or the ultra-funny 'Dirty Santa' game we played a couple weekends ago with my mama's family.

The wedding was beautiful and I'm very excited to see the photos.  The photographer-- Stacy Borelli of Swank Photo Studio (formerly The Art Bouquet)-- had us in a snowy-white cotton field for a bunch of the outdoor shots.  And even though it was the coldest day of the year (so far) I can tell the pictures are going to be great.  Stacy did my wedding photos-- we ended up on the cover of a magazine and making editors pick in a The Knot photo contest-- she is amazing and I highly recommend her to anyone with a wedding coming up or small children.

Unfortunately I left my camera at home for all the wedding stuff.  I would have loved to have posted some unprofessional pictures from this past weekend.  I'm hoping that the other bridesmaids will share their pics.  I'll post if I can.

The other big distraction has been Christmas preparations.  Last week I finally finished the final touches to the outdoor trees-- Sunday I finally got down the last of the indoor decorations and put them up. And I made two trips to local towns to do some shopping for some friends.

I've still got a lot to take care of and I'm hoping that this weekend I get all that accomplished. 

I promise to post some pictures of my excessive tree decorations-- real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment