Thursday, January 10, 2013

Two Months and Counting...

Tuesday was the 2 month check up for Baby.  Can you believe that we are already at two months?  Earlier in the week I sat her down for our monthly home photo shoot.  She hates it towards the end and basically just cries.  But this time I managed to get 105 shots as opposed to month 1 where I think I got 20 before she melted down.

But just to fill you in Baby Girl is growing like a weed, weighing in at a healthy 9 pounds, 13 ounces.  I can't help but beam with pride that I've been able to provide the soul nutrition for that darling girl.  The doctor was pleased with her development and felt that everything was going on track... No, she isn't in the 99th percentile for height, weight, or head size.  But considering that I'm a smaller than average person and Husband isn't a giant, it is to be expected.  Regardless, she is doing great.

What wasn't great.  Shots.  And lots of them.  Baby Girl had to endure one oral vaccination which wasn't so bad... the rest were traditional old shots, which were just as violent as ever.  One in each leg.  DTAP and Prevnar.... hopefully keeping her safe from things like Polio and Whooping Cough.  I brought along Aunt Jenny to for moral support as Husband had a tobacco meeting to attend. 

As the mom of Baby Girl, I've been wittiness to her pain cry.  I know how horrible it sounds... how it makes your insides hurt because you know that she is hurting and you can't really do anything to make it better.  Her hunger cry, tired cry, and regular old-notice-me-cry are far less heartbreaking.  I'm not sure that Aunt Jenny was prepared... as soon as the nurse was through jabbing the needles into my poor baby's chubby little legs, Aunt Jenny sprung into action, scooping Baby Girl into her arms and methodically bouncing back and forth until she (Aunt Jenny) felt better.  Baby Girl was going to need more than just bouncing. 

Luckily I was meeting with the lactation consultant and we were going to feed and sometimes food is the only way to heal a hurt. 

 
At home, Baby Girl was in some serious pain...  crying anytime her legs were moved-- either by her or us.  She got to experience her first dose of baby Tylenol (which by the way did help her a little).  She slept from the time we got home except for diaper changes and feeds until the very next morning.  Sometime around 2:00am she began to feel better and we caught her smiling in her sleep. 

Relief... we survived the first big round of shots.  We go back for our 4 month check in March.  I think this time Husband is going to have to go with us... I know I don't want to go by myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment