Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Long Justification for Purchasing a Dress for My Closet...

In an effort to be more fiscally responsible and to actually wear the clothing I already own, I announced to Husband this past weekend that I would be (gasp!) re-wearing a dress to the engagement party we have to attend this upcoming weekend.  I think I was high on the doughnuts (see previous post). 

I rarely ever wear one of my dresses more than once.  I blame it on proximity really... we socialize with the same people all the time, so once a dress is worn, it has basically been "seen" by everyone.  As I mature, I realize that not everyone is paying that close attention to me and what I'm wearing, so as I mature I'm realizing that re-wearing a party dress is not that big of a deal.  Even Princess Katherine is re-wearing outfits and she, according to Inside Edition, is the most photographed women in the world... and it reasons to stand because she was photographed outside of Englands' idea of a Wal-Mart with a cart full of groceries.  When's the last time an entertainment reporter for Inside Edition talked about your affinity for Frosted Flakes????

I'm sticking to my guns about re-wearing too.  I've already tried on the outfit of choice for this upcoming weekend and I feel confident that I can pull it off.  And to reward myself with re-wearing I've treated myself to a new dress.

I know, I know....  I know what you are thinking... but I have a wedding coming up that is out of town and from what I'm hearing is going to be super dressed-down.  No cocktail attire, no black tie optional... just a normal old fashioned wedding and unforunatley I really don't have many dressed-down-dressy-dresses.  The one I own will be worn this weekend to the Engagment party for this very October wedding that is coming up.  I think I found the winner at Anthropologie. It is a blue floral print silk slip dress and I think it is pretty awesome.

To make sure I can re-wear this dress I also purchased a waist hugging leather belt... I feel certain that I can belt this slip of a dress and throw a cardingan over the top to make it work appropriate.  The right heels and sparkly accessories will make it "going-out" ready as well.  Also I intend to wear this dress to my sister's rehersal and rehersal dinner.  See!  At least 3 different places to wear this 1 dress.

And for the record the outfit I'm wearing this weekend has been worn approximately 3 times, if I wear it this weekend, which I most certainly will!

Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment